Yesterday was the last day of my fall 10×10 wardrobe challenge!
The basic idea of the 10×10 wardrobe challenge is to dress from a mini-capsule wardrobe of 10 pieces, making 10 outfits for 10 days. The 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge is hosted by Caroline of Un-Fancy, and Lee of Style Bee. And you can browse through everyone’s looks over on instagram using the hashtags #fall10x10 and #10x10friends.
I participated for the first time over the summer, and had such a fun time that I knew I wanted to participate again when the fall wardrobe challenge came around. I’m so glad I did!
I’ll do a proper reflection/wrap up on Monday (like I did last time), but for now, this is the look that I wore yesterday for the final day of the challenge.
I really love this dress combined with this skirt. Similar to the day before, this solid black top tucked into this skirt gives the illusion of a dress. And then with the shorter hemline of the skirt, I love the longer hemline of the dress. (No need to worry about sitting down on cold seats.)
As much as I love doing wardrobe challenges, I’m really exited that this one is over. I think the best part about finishing up any sort of wardrobe challenge is getting to dive back into the rest of my wardrobe with new eyes. Sometimes that means diving in and coming up with new creative looks. But I think this time it means diving back into my go-to comfortable uniforms.
And with that I’m off to enjoy the weekend – I’ll be back on Monday with a review/reflection/wrap up of this wardrobe challenge.
What I’m wearing…
Dress: Flannel Checked Shirt Dress from Uniqlo
Shirt: Organic Cotton Jersey Camisole from Muji
Skirt: Express (very old)
Shoes: Salome Buttero by Dr. Martens’
Sunglasses: From Ricky’s (unfortunately, they don’t appear to have sunnies online)
Necklace: Old, from a street fair
Lip: Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick from Maybelline, in the colorway Divine Wine (#695)
Keep reading about capsule wardrobes:
- What Is A Capsule Wardrobe? Your Capsule Wardrobe Know How
- Build a Capsule Wardrobe: 7 quick tips to help you build one you love
- Stop wasting energy: Is a capsule wardrobe worth the effort?
- Is a colorful, high-vibe capsule wardrobe possible?
- Fall 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked? what didn’t? and what will I keep in mind for next time?
- Summer 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked, what didn’t, what I’ll keep in mind for next time
- Bored with your capsule wardrobe? How to update it