It’s Day 2 of the Fall 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge! Today, I’m keeping things pulled-together-casual with a graphic tee tucked into a skirt.
This skirt is one of the pieces that’s newer in my wardrobe and that I want to use this round of the 10×10 wardrobe challenge to experiment with. It’s a high waisted, stretch mini-skirt with some all-over pleating detail. Originally it belonged to a former roommate of mine, and while it’s something I probably wouldn’t have picked up for myself, I’m enjoying it, and am looking forward to experimenting with it some more throughout this wardrobe challenge.
The tee-shirt is actually a repeat from my Summer 10×10 Wardrobe. When I saw the Labyrinth reference I knew it had to find a place in my wardrobe, and when it arrived right before the 10×10 wardrobe challenge this summer, I knew I wanted to include it in that mini-capsule.
When it came to choosing pieces for this go around of the 10×10 wardrobe challenge I initially wasn’t going to include this tee. But after I had pulled the majority of my pieces together I still had a slot left and realized I didn’t have a graphic print of any sort in this mini-capsule – lots of solids, and two plaids, but no graphics. So as sort of a last minute addition I threw this tee-shirt into the mix, and am really glad I did.
I just love how nonchalant this look is, while still being a little-bit more pulled together than jeans and a tee-shirt.
What I’m wearing…
Shirt: The Babe with the Power Tee in black from Hello, Oui Fresh
Skirt: Express (very old)
Shoes: Salome Buttero by Dr. Martens’
Sunglasses: From Ricky’s (unfortunately, they don’t appear to have sunnies online)
Necklace: Old, from a street fair
Lip: Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick from Maybelline, in the colorway Divine Wine (#695)
Catch up on Day 1 of the Fall 10×10 wardrobe challenge here. And follow along on instagram here.
Keep reading about capsule wardrobes:
- What Is A Capsule Wardrobe? Your Capsule Wardrobe Know How
- Build a Capsule Wardrobe: 7 quick tips to help you build one you love
- Stop wasting energy: Is a capsule wardrobe worth the effort?
- Is a colorful, high-vibe capsule wardrobe possible?
- Fall 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked? what didn’t? and what will I keep in mind for next time?
- Summer 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked, what didn’t, what I’ll keep in mind for next time
- Bored with your capsule wardrobe? How to update it