Day 4 of the Fall 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge! And the first day of wearing these boots!
I picked these boots up a couple of weeks ago, and have been slowly trying to break them in by wearing them for short periods around the apartment. But today was my first day actually wearing them, and my feet do not thank me. Luckily, it wasn’t a day with a lot of walking.
My aim for this 10×10 mini-capsule wardrobe was to experiment and play around with a couple of newer pieces that I’ve added to my wardrobe recently. Primarily the high waisted skirt that I wore yesterday, and these boots.
I debated about adding these boots to this capsule or not because they’re so new. I wanted to add them because they’re new so I want to play around with styling them. But I originally wasn’t going to include them because they are nowhere near totally-broken in, and so aren’t comfortable to wear yet.
But I ultimately chose to include them, because my plans over this week and next don’t include any intense days on my feet. So rather than not include a pair of boots that I wanted to, I decided to use this as an opportunity to spend some more time breaking in my new boots.
And I’m really glad I did.
I love how these boots ground this look. And I think once they’re broken in they’ll be fantastic go-to boots.
What I’m wearing…
Shirt: Women’s Drape Crewneck Short-Sleeve T-shirt from Uniqlo
Jeans: Straight skinny jeans from Uniqlo
Boots: Veronica Short Belted Ankle Boot from Frye in black.
Sunglasses: From Ricky’s (unfortunately, they don’t appear to have sunnies online)
Necklace: Old, from a street fair
Lip: Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick from Maybelline, in the colorway Divine Wine (#695)
PS. I also threw on my plaid shirt-dress that I’ve been pretty obsessed with lately to run a couple errands, because it seems that fall is officially here in NYC.
Keep reading about capsule wardrobes:
- What Is A Capsule Wardrobe? Your Capsule Wardrobe Know How
- Build a Capsule Wardrobe: 7 quick tips to help you build one you love
- Stop wasting energy: Is a capsule wardrobe worth the effort?
- Is a colorful, high-vibe capsule wardrobe possible?
- Fall 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked? what didn’t? and what will I keep in mind for next time?
- Summer 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked, what didn’t, what I’ll keep in mind for next time
- Bored with your capsule wardrobe? How to update it