It’s Day 6 of my Fall 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge!
And fall weather is officially here in NYC. This shirt is basically a slightly heavier weight version of the blue and green plaid button-up shirt from my Summer 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge, which makes it perfect for when the weather starts to turn a little bit colder.
A little part of me is wondering if I have enough layers for how chilly it’s getting. But the days are supposed to be sunny and climbing back up into the 70s starting Wednesday, so I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine.
Today was another day when I switched between two pairs of shoes in an effort to spend a bit more time concentrating on breaking in my new boots. But other than that the main notable thing about this look is how easy it is. I love being able to throw on some jeans, a button up, and my go-to accessories.
I know isn’t the most interesting look. But I think having some easy go-to outfits in these wardrobe challenges is part of what makes them the whole challenge work. At least that’s part of what makes these challenges work for me. I like knowing that on days when I don’t want to have to think about what I’m wearing, I have a “uniform” in my back pocket.
What I’m Wearing…
Shirt: Made-by-me. The pattern is Archer by Grainline Studios with some modifications. (Find the pattern here, and details about my modifications here.)
Jeans: Straight skinny jeans from Uniqlo
Shoes: Salome Buttero by Dr. Martens’
Sunglasses: From Ricky’s (unfortunately, they don’t appear to have sunnies online)
Necklaces: Various, old.
Bracelets: Made by me.
Lip: Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick from Maybelline, in the colorway Divine Wine (#695)
Keep reading about capsule wardrobes:
- What Is A Capsule Wardrobe? Your Capsule Wardrobe Know How
- Build a Capsule Wardrobe: 7 quick tips to help you build one you love
- Stop wasting energy: Is a capsule wardrobe worth the effort?
- Is a colorful, high-vibe capsule wardrobe possible?
- Fall 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked? what didn’t? and what will I keep in mind for next time?
- Summer 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked, what didn’t, what I’ll keep in mind for next time
- Bored with your capsule wardrobe? How to update it