It’s Day 10 of this 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge!!! Which means this is the last outfit of this challenge!
In case you’re just finding this, a 10×10 wardrobe challenge is basically the world’s most low-key capsule wardrobe. The basic premise of the 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge is: 10 pieces of clothing, 10 looks, over 10 days. No need to get rid of your whole wardrobe, no need to commit to anything long term, super low-key. And it’s been a complete blast!
While today wasn’t the hottest day in this challenge (that honor was held by yesterday), today certainly wasn’t much cooler, so I paired my black & white abstract maxi dress with my made-by-me plaid button up shirt for a light breezy outfit.
This shirt is actually a piece that I made as part of the first wardrobe challenge I ever did, and never intended to wear as a true button up. I had originally intended to only ever wear this shirt as a over-shirt, either with one button buttoned, or completely open (like I am today). But as it’s spent time in my wardrobe, I’ve started wearing it as a traditional button up (like I did on Day 2).
I always love when a piece I made with the intention of wearing a certain way is flexible enough to evolve as my style does – because isn’t the mark of an amazing piece of clothing it’s ability to evolve with your style?
What I’m wearing…
Shirt: Made-by-me. The pattern is Archer by Grainline Studios with some modifications. (Find the pattern here, and details about my modifications on my other site here.)
Dress: A black & white abstract print maxi dress from H&M (old, and I’m not seeing anything similar)
Shoes: Salome Buttero by Dr. Martens’
Sunglasses: From Ricky’s (unfortunately, they don’t appear to have sunnies online)
Necklace: Old, from a street fair
Lip: Always On Liquid Lipstick from Smashbox, in the colorway Bawse
Keep reading about capsule wardrobes:
- What Is A Capsule Wardrobe? Your Capsule Wardrobe Know How
- Build a Capsule Wardrobe: 7 quick tips to help you build one you love
- Stop wasting energy: Is a capsule wardrobe worth the effort?
- Is a colorful, high-vibe capsule wardrobe possible?
- Fall 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked? what didn’t? and what will I keep in mind for next time?
- Summer 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked, what didn’t, what I’ll keep in mind for next time
- Bored with your capsule wardrobe? How to update it