It’s day 5 of the Summer 2017 Wardrobe Challenge, which means it’s halfway through the challenge!
Here it’s been a cool rainy Summer day. I’ve spent most of the day hunkered down, enjoying the rain at a distance and through a window – so, I did ditch the sunglasses and darken the lip. It’s not quite as summery, but feels perfect for a rainy day in, so I went with it.
Ever since I got this dress, I’ve loved wearing it with heeled boots in the rain. The fabric in the dress is polyester so it dries quickly, and it doesn’t feel heavy when the hem gets wet. And the boots combine the comfort of leather boots with enough of a rubber platform and heel for puddle jumping.
Combining these boots and dress makes the base of a fantastic rainy day outfit. Add to that an easy tee shirt, and it’s good to go.
I’ll be taking the weekend off from outfit posts, and be back on Monday with the 6th look. I have tentative plans pull together a quick post about all the pieces in my mini-capsule wardrobe, but it’s entirely probable that waffles and sunshine will win out over writing, so that post might have to wait till after this challenge is finished.
What I’m wearing…
Shirt: SPRZ NY short sleeve graphic tee (Andy Warhol)
Dress: A black & white abstract print maxi dress from H&M (old, and I’m not seeing anything similar)
Shoes: Salome Buttero by Dr. Martens’
Sunglasses: From Ricky’s (unfortunately, they don’t appear to have sunnies online)
Necklace: Old, from a street fair
Lip: Always On Liquid Lipstick from Smashbox, in the colorway Bawse // Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick from Maybelline, in the colorway Divine Wine (#695)
Catch up with the Summer 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge: Day 1 here, Day 2 here, Day 3 here, and Day 4 here. Plus find out what the heck a 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge is here.
Keep reading about capsule wardrobes:
- What Is A Capsule Wardrobe? Your Capsule Wardrobe Know How
- Build a Capsule Wardrobe: 7 quick tips to help you build one you love
- Stop wasting energy: Is a capsule wardrobe worth the effort?
- Is a colorful, high-vibe capsule wardrobe possible?
- Fall 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked? what didn’t? and what will I keep in mind for next time?
- Summer 2017 10×10 Wardrobe Challenge Review: what worked, what didn’t, what I’ll keep in mind for next time
- Bored with your capsule wardrobe? How to update it