Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.whowearswho.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect several types of information about you, including information that:
- identifies you personally, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or opens or clicks within email newsletters
- is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and how you use our Website
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
- how you interact with our Website, including what pages you visited, when you last logged into your account, and if you open or click on our email newsletters
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system, and browser type
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
When you submit a message via a contact form on the site we collect the data show in the contact form, and may contact you in response to your message.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up for our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address.
Additionally, when you interact with our emails, Convertkit will track which emails you open, and any links you click.
When you make a purchase through our website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, credit card and/or PayPal account information.
We collect this information via Acuity, and PayPal. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our website visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction.
We do not sell, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, we may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
- contractors, service providers and other third parties that we reasonably use to support our business
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with PayPal only to the degree necessary
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce or apply any agreements between us
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.