How much does it cost?
- $125 per hour for virtual sessions
- $175 per hour for in-person
There may be a travel fee for in person appointments outside the island of Manhattan.
Depending on the nature of our work together there may be research, scouting, sourcing, or coordination time included in your package. For example: If we’re looking for the perfect addition to your wardrobe and I’m researching or sourcing options, or coordinating with your photographer for photoshoots. However nothing will come as a surprise to you.
I’m also available for full day or multi day projects, contact me with details about your project for more information.
How do I pay?
Invoices are sent via Paypal. All projects must be prepaid before we begin. We can split the payments, or the project into phases, if that works better for you too.
How long does this take?
These are just estimates, and they depend on your personal situation (which we can discuss on the phone).
- Closet Cleanse – 4 hours for a medium sized wardrobe to tackle everything (from closet to dresser to shoe pile to coat closet), more if your wardrobe is large, fewer if you’ve just cleaned it out or keep your clothes minimal.
- Styling a Wardrobe of Looks – 3 to 4 hours depending on the number of outfits.
- Finding the Perfect Addition – We’ll need to talk first to get the scope of what you need – this depends on the nature of the additions you’re looking for, the number of pieces you’re looking to add to your wardrobe, and how clear & accurate of an idea you have of what you want.
- Coaching – As much or as little as you’d like. Buy a collection of hours and get sessions on the calendar, or schedule calls as you need them.
Where do we start?
Since style is so personal, we always start with a free initial “getting to know you” call – 30 minutes or so, where you tell me where you are in your style journey and what you’re looking for help with. We’ll get a feel for if we’re a right fit for each other.
We’ll discuss what form of working together will work best for you, your situation, and your budget. I’ll give you options for what we can do together based on your individual situation. You’ll choose the option that works best for you (take some time to think this through, or choose right on the call).
After you choose the approach that’s right for you, I’ll send you an agreement outlining the container and scope, plus an invoice. You send the agreement back, pay the invoice and we’ll dive right in.
Can you help with other things?
Yep! Photo shoot, events, moves, packing, and more, contact me with what you’re thinking about and we’ll talk.
My closet is a mess, do I need to clean first?
Nope! No cleaning required, just do your laundry.
What happens if I need to reschedule?
Calls and appointments may be rescheduled with 24 hours notice. Rescheduling or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice may be subject to a rescheduling/cancellation fee.
How do I know if I need help cleaning out my closet?
Cleaning out your closet requires you to make hundreds (if not thousands) of decisions in the space of an afternoon. It helps to have some backup!
If you have historically found yourself staring at your closet, not knowing where to start or what to do, then you’re a good candidate for this service.
How do I know if I need help styling my closet?
Once you have the garments, putting them together is a different step. It comes naturally to some of us, and not so naturally to others.
Owning clothes is one thing. Putting outfits together is another. This is for those times when you have items you could wear, you just need help bringing them to the next level, breaking out of a rut, or seeing new possibilities in what you already own. If that resonates with you, then you’re a good candidate for this service.
How do I know if I need help shopping?
Often what we think we need or want to add to our closets is not what we actually need to add to our closets. But through our work together we’ll uncover the exact right things you need to bring your wardrobe to the next level. The piece that will open up the most options and bring the most joy. Then if you want help locating those item(s) I’m more than happy to help. If you feel like that help would make your process easier (or possible!), then you’re a good candidate for this service.
(Note: As a rule of thumb I don’t shopping assistance to clients I haven’t worked with in some other capacity as well. The possible exception to this is if you’re in the process of building a more sustainable and ethically sourced wardrobe and need help locating new suppliers for your staple items.)
How do I know if I need coaching?
Typically, people need coaching when they’ve hit a wall while trying to do something themselves.
- Maybe you have the execution completely handled and don’t need any help with “doing the thing.” You just can’t quite figure out what “the thing” is that you need to be doing.
- Maybe you never went through the whole teenage style trial phase, and need someone to help you through trying things out as an adult (without all the teenage misfires).
- Maybe you took on a million style rules and need help deprogramming them.
- Maybe you’re ready to shake up your style, but not sure how.
- Maybe you’re stuck in very rigid externally enforced clothing requirements (uniform, profession, expectations, etc), and need help figuring out how to work within those requirements without losing yourself.
- Maybe you’re transitioning (jobs, locations, identities, body type, etc) and need someone to help you navigate it.
- Maybe you’re intentionally crafting your personal image for the first time and need impartial support.
Sometimes we can get this help from friends or family and that’s fantastic. But sometimes we can’t. In those instances, you need someone impartial and experienced to get you past your stuck points.
I know I need help, but I’m not sure where or with what, help?
- Option 1: Schedule a call with me and we’ll discuss your needs.
- Option 2: Take 5 Days of Style. Each morning for five days, you’ll listen to an audio-contemplation-meditation no more than 5 minutes long, and by the end you’ll have a really good sense of what your style hold ups are. (Plus you’ll know if I’m the right person to help or not.)
What are the next steps?
There are only two steps and both are very simple.
- Step 1: Click this link to schedule a call.
- Step 2: Think about where you are in your journey and what form you might want our work together to take.
We’ll get on the phone, and find out if we’d like to work together. And that’s it!